How to connect an Access Control Panel over WAN.
AxTraxNG supports connecting any Access Control panel over any network type as long as the panel is accessible via IP address and in the case of AC-825 also AxTraxNG server must be accessible via IP address,
This article will explain the connection requirement while using a WAN (WIDE AREA NETWORK).
Setting up an Access control panel for remote connection
- Make sure that the remote site WAN has a static IPV4 address.
- Set the local IP address and port of the control panel using AxTraxNG:
- On the remote site, the router setup a port forwarding to the panel IP address using the setup port:
This setting will look different from one router to another and you will need to know the router setting for this,
- If you don't know the remote site static IP address, you can go to https://www.whatsmyip.org/ to find out.
- In the case of an AC-825IP control panel, you will need to have the control panel MAC address.
Setting Up the Server site for remote connection For AC-825IP control panel.
- Make sure that the Server site WAN has a static IPV4 address.
- On AxTraxNG Server site router setup a port forwarding to the server-internal IP address using the AC-825IP secondary Port:
- Make sure that the server firewall is set to allow incoming communication on the primary and secondary ports. You can use this guide to set up the firewall https://support.rosslaresecurity.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-set-windows-defender-firewall-rule-for-ac-825-and-axtraxng-client
Adding a remote Access Control Panel to AxTraxNG/ AxTraxR
From the tree view select "Networks."
- Click the + button to add a new network.
- Select the control panel type and the connection type as TCP/IP
- On the TCP/IP section, enter the static IP address of the remote site (the one you got earlier), set the port number and speed.
In case of an AC-825 control panel, enter the control pane MAC address:
an AC-215IP example:
- Set the Radio Button selection to Remote (WAN)
- Click OK
Now add control panels to the network.
How to configure AxTraxPro Web Client for remote access
The Rosslare AxTraxPro™ Web Client software is a web-based software management system intended for the ongoing management of the AxTraxPro™ Server. Operators can access the system from a web browsers for daily tasks. The AxTraxPro access control ...
Set up AxTraxNG server side for AxTraxNG client remote connection over WAN
AxTraxNG server can be connected from any remote client over a TCP/IP network. This guide explains how to set up the AxTraxNG server-side for remote connection over the WAN(WIDW AREA NETWORK) connection. Setting Up the Server site for client remote ...
Can I recover AxTraxNG database from Access Control panel
In case where AxTraxNG server is lost and no backup of the database is available there is no way to recover data from the Access Control Panels. The data being saved inside the Access Control Panels is saved in a way that have no meaning if restored ...
Cannot find Access Control panel on TCP/IP (AC-225IP/215IP/425IP and "B")
if you are using an earlier version of AxTraxNG (version 27,5,7.7 and below) and you are trying to add a new access control panel manufactured after 10/2018 please note that Rosslare has updated the IP-module on those control panel and those IP ...
How to connect AxTraxNG server to remote SQL server
Before starting this process please make sure that the SQL server meets AxTraxNG server supported SQL servers. Which versions of SQL Server does AxTraxNG support? To connect the AxTraxNG server to a remote SQL server please follow this guide. As ...
Couldn't find what you are looking for?
Please feel free to contact us:
NORTH AMERICA & CANADA
Toll Free: 1 866 632 1101
Telephone: 1 817 305 0006
Telephone: 972 4 9577 183
Telephone: 54 11 4001 3104
APAC, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
Telephone: 852 2795 5630
Telephone: 86 755 8610 6842
Telephone: 91 20 40147830