AxTraxNG support 2 options for dual Autentication:
- Dual authentication - 2 credentials (any credential\pin) from the same user are required to gain access to a secure door.
- Card + Card mode - 2 or 3 users (based on configuration) are required to gain access.
To Activated dual authentication mode you need to select the dual authentication mode under reader options:
The Dual authentication ave 3 setting
- Time zone - time frame when the dual authentication will be active
- Number of sessions - number of users can be authenticated at the same time
- Session Timeout - the time the user have to preset the 2 credential, the control panel will wait for this timeout when the first credential is presented, if no credential is presented during this time the session will ends.
Each user can be defined with a Dual authentication override:
- Immune to dual authentication
- Force dual authentiicaiton
Those modes will override the reader set in case that the reader settings are different.
To set User dual authentication go to user properties:
Set the correct time zone for each, make sure you are not conflicting between the time zones.
To set Card + card Mode, go to Reader properties and select Card + Card mode and the number of users required:
Add Card + Card group, go to groups, card + card group and add a group, just name the group as you like.
On user properties assigned the Card + Card to the user:
Any users with the same Card+Card group and access right on the reader will be able to access the door while the number of users matches the reader setting.
Those are available on all Access Control panels but AC-215